The Russian Empire. A badge of distinction for doctors who graduated from the Military Medical Academy and were awarded the degree of Doctor of Sciences (Doctor of Medicine). It was established on February 11, 1871 for military doctors. On the reverse, the pressure plate and the twist, the stamp of the master "G.P.", the coat of arms of St. Petersburg, the assay stamp "84 and the coat of arms of St. Petersburg in an oval".
The sign is a silver state emblem - an eagle entwined with oak and laurel branches. At the place of the intertwining branches, there is a golden "Hippocratic" bowl and two golden snakes crawling towards it.
Silver 84 samples, gilding. The sign is two-level. Size 55*43 mm.